American Maritime Officer: April 2021
Bipartisan Energizing American Shipbuilding Act reintroduced in both House and Senate
Congressman John Garamendi (D-CA) and U.S. Senators Roger Wicker (R-MS) and Robert Casey, Jr. (D-PA) have reintroduced the "Energizing American Shipbuilding Act."
This bipartisan and bicameral legislation would recapitalize America's strategic domestic shipbuilding and maritime industries by requiring that increasing percentages of liquefied natural gas (LNG) and crude oil exports be transported on U.S.-built, flagged and crewed vessels. Without this legislation, all U.S. exports of LNG and crude oil will continue to be on foreign vessels.
The bill's original cosponsors in the House of Representatives are Representatives Rob Wittman (R-VA), Julia Brownley (D-CA), Brian Fitzpatrick (R-PA), Alan Lowenthal (D-CA), Chris Pappas (D-NH) and Elaine Luria (D-VA).
- Captain Michael F. Finnigan: 1963-2021
- Mourning Mike Finnigan
- Steve Nickerson on the tragic loss of Mike Finnigan
- Barrere to complete term of the late Mike Finnigan as AMO national executive vice president
- New AMO Defined Contribution Plan in effect April 1
- USNS Pililaau serves in exercise Hagatna Fury 2021
- M/V Endurance serves in Operation Atlantic Resolve
- Great Lakes Maritime Task Force releases annual report for 2020