American Maritime Officer: October 2020
As national defense sealift and commercial maritime sectors face unprecedented challenges, AMO officers and AMO training programs continue to deliver
Captain Jennifer Senner, master on the USNS Fisher, greets (from left) Commanding Officer, NAVSUP Fleet Logistics Center Pearl Harbor, Capt. Trent Kalp; U.S. Army Director, Logistics and Engineering, Brig. Gen. Jered Helwig; Commander, Navy Region Hawaii, Rear Adm. Robert Chadwick; and U.S. Pacific Fleet Director, Logistics, Fleet Supply and Ordnance, Rear. Adm. Dion English in September while the ship worked in support of the U.S. Army Joint Readiness Training Center deployment. The Bob Hope Class LMSR USNS Fisher is operated for Military Sealift Command by U.S. Marine Management, Inc. American Maritime Officers represents all licensed officers aboard the LMSR. Read more...
- Defined benefit AMO Pension Plan exceeds annual return on investment target, closes fiscal year 2020 in 'green zone'
- Our union and AMO Pension Plan remain financially strong in COVID-19 economy
- Bob Hope Class LMSRs 'are the national treasures of our sealift fleet'
- Strong bipartisan support for establishment of U.S. tanker security fleet
- Honoring the memory of 33 lost on El Faro
- Endurance loads mission critical MV-22 Ospreys at Port of Jacksonville