American Maritime Officer: October 2018
Memorial on AMO Plans campus dedicated to crew of El Faro
On Saturday, September 29, family members of the El Faro crew, AMO Plans directors and staff, executives of the TOTE family of companies and other ship operating companies, and American Maritime Officers members, officials, families and staff gathered to dedicate a memorial on the AMO Plans campus in a solemn ceremony surrounding the physical monument mourning the loss and honoring the lives of the 33 crew members of El Faro.
"We all know that the officers, crew and riding gang aboard El Faro fought heroically for each other - as friends and as family - against nature at her strongest," said the AMO National President during the dedication ceremony. "Our hope this morning is that our El Faro families have found measures of peace and comfort after all this time.
- Congressman John Garamendi named Champion of Maritime for commitment to domestic maritime industry
- Congressman Jack Bergman named 2018 Great Lakes Legislator of the Year
- New report reveals 91 countries representing 80 percent of the world's coastal UN Maritime States have maritime cabotage laws
- AMO audited financial statements, LM-2 form for fiscal year ended March 31, 2018 available online
- USNS PFC Eugene A. Obregon serves in Trident Sun 2018