American Maritime Officer: July 2018
AMO jobs secure as MSC awards contract for USNS Wheeler to TOTE Services
Military Sealift Command has awarded the operating contract for the USNS VADM K.R. Wheeler and support vessel USNS Fast Tempo to the incumbent operator, TOTE Services, Inc. If all options are exercised, the contract would extend to five years and six months. American Maritime Officers will continue to represent all licensed officers aboard the OPDS vessels.
- Officers, crew of M/V Norfolk receive CSA Citation of Merit for rescue of four sailors
- AMO members, vessels, contracted companies recognized for safety
- AMO National President to receive Admiral of the Ocean Sea Award
- Little change in U.S.-flag Great Lakes cargo movement in May
- USNS Button serves in Exercise Saber Strike 2018