American maritime Officer: November 2017
Crowley to acquire three SeaRiver tankers
Crowley Alaska Tankers, LLC, announced on November 1 that it has signed an agreement, subject to regulatory approval, to purchase three tankers from SeaRiver Maritime Inc., and charter them back to SeaRiver under varying multi-year terms.
Included in the acquisition are the tankers Liberty Bay and Eagle Bay, each of which have a capacity of 800,000 barrels and transport crude from Alaska to West Coast refineries; and the tanker SR American Progress, which has a capacity of 342,000 barrels and transports refined petroleum between U.S. Gulf and East Coast ports.
American Maritime Officers represents all licensed officers aboard the tankers Liberty Bay, Eagle Bay and SR American Progress.
- American Maritime Officers audited financial statements, LM-2 available online
- Jones Act has aided, not impeded, relief and recovery efforts in Puerto Rico
- AMO members from C.S. Dependable, U.S. maritime industry leaders honored at 2017 AOTOS ceremony
- Membership Assistance Program available to aid AMO members affected by natural disaster
- U.S. Coast Guard: Replacement of Merchant Mariner Credentials lost due to Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, Maria